Every year when we receive our reader’s choice survey results, we are told that the Lookalike Contest is one of your favorite features. And we like playing favorites! Participate in this year’s contest by sending in your entries now. The deadline is June 15, 2012 and winners will appear in our September/October issue.
Here are the details:
Nominees must be residents of Utah Valley. Previous winners are not eligible for the 2012 contest.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
1. Individual’s name (AKA Lookalike)
2. Contact info for lookalike (email/phone)
3. Name of famous person he/she resembles
4. Nominator’s name
5. Please include a photo
You can also bring in a photo and the entry form from our magazine to our office at 424 W. 800 N. Ste 201 in Orem.
Need some help figuring out who your lookalike is? Try uploading your photo to myheritage.com for some ideas. But take their suggestions with a grain of salt, because the lookalike generator might just tell you that you look like an 85-year-old man when you are actually a 25-year-old woman. Not that we know from personal experience or anything — actually, that is exactly what we mean.
Here are some tips to make your lookalike entry shine.
1. Whenever possible, provide a quality photo. Small or blurry photos make it hard for our team to decipher how closely you resemble Tom Cruise. Not sure if it is ‘good photo’? Ask your amateur photographer friends for their opinion.
2. Provide a recent photo. If you are selected as a winner, you will be photographed professionally for the magazine. If the photo you submitted was taken 10 years ago and you’ve dyed your hair, things can get complicated.
3. Tell us about any other similarities you share with your lookalike. Those fun details can help your submission stand out from the stack.
4. Don’t discount local celebrities. We give people like Dave Rose celebrity status around here. Check out his lookalike from last year here. Can we get a Stephen Covey? Or Jimmer? It’s up to you!
5. Please provide us with multiple forms of current contact information. It’s hard to tell you that you are winner if we have the wrong email address or your voicemail inbox is full (you know who you are).
Filed Under: Blog